The Luang Say cruise is a unique and rewarding cruise, perfect for exploring the exotic and beautiful scenery of the north in comfort. Cruising down the Mekong can be very relaxing. You will develop a sense of serenity being absorbed by the physical pull of the river and its surrounding lush green landscape. Gliding smoothly on the river you will soak up the slow paced atmosphere as we wave to the friendly, smiling locals we see on our way to Luang Prabang.
* BRIEF ITINERARY:
Day 1: Cruising Tour from Luang Prabang to Pak Ou Cave and Pakbeng By Night (L/D)
Day 2: Cruising Trip from Pakbeng to Houeixai (B/L)
DAY 1 – LAOS TOUR FROM HOUEXAI TO LUANG PRABANG ON LUANG SAY CRUISE: LUANG PRABANG CRUISING TOUR TO PAK OU CAVES AND PAKBENG (Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday) (L/D)
Your boat leaves Luang Prabang pier at 07:30 hrs for a cruise up the Mekong to Pakbeng. On the way to Pak-Ou Village, at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, a brief stop is made to see the traditional process of the production of local Lao rice wine, and to visit Tam Ting “Cave of a thousand Buddha’s”. After a buffet lunch on board, we continue the route to Pakbeng. We arrive at Pakbeng before sunset and check in at Luang Say Lodge. Dinner on the terrace, overlooking the Mekong River. Overnight in Pakbeng.
Cruising Tour to visit Pak Ou Caves
DAY 2 – LAOS TOUR FROM HOUEXAI TO LUANG PRABANG ON LUANG SAY CRUISE: CRUISING TRIP FROM PAKBENG TO HOUEIXAI (B/D)
Full breakfast at lodge. (Optional: walk to Pakbeng market, where people from the surrounding minority villages exchange their goods). At 08:00 hours, board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. En route one stop is made to observe rural life along the Mekong and visit minority ethnic groups, then a buffet lunch on board and on to Houei Say, where you will arrive before 17:00 hrs (you may proceed to Chiang Rai in the same day)
End of service!
• Transportation in private
• Accommodation in twin shared room
• Join Luang Say Cruise (2D/1N)
• Luang Say’ English speaking guide
• Gov’t tax and service charge
• Luggage handling and drinking water
• Visa stamping fee on arrival
• All air tickets in/to/from Laos
• Travel Insurance in all kinds
• Lunch or dinner unless where stated
• Single room (quoted separately)
• Other foreign language guide
• Peak tourist season or special event rates
• Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
* ADDITIONAL REMARKS:
• Itinerary is subject to change depending on the confirmed flights, road conditions, and room availability.
• Hotels listed in above might not be upto standard of your expectation, especially in the remote area where limitation of accommodation.
• Prices are subject to change in case of VAT or other tax increases and USD currency fluctuations
* From 01Nov to 30Apr, Depart every Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
* From 01Nov to 30Apr, Depart as well on Sunday with Pak Ou 1.
* From 01May to 30Sep, Depart every Monday and Friday.
* From 01Nov to 30Apr, and 1-31Oct, Depart every Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
* From 01May to 30Sep, departs every Saturday and Wednesday.
* No operation (Dry Dock) from 01-30Jun.
LAOS TOUR FROM HOUEXAI TO LUANG PRABANG ON LUANG SAY CRUISE