This ‘Down the Mekong’ tour enters Laos in the north, and takes you down the Mekong into Luang Prabang, which is a magical experience. And ncluding the spectacular Kouang Si Waterfalls, before continuing to Vientiane – a truly unique capital city.
* BRIEF ITINERARY:
Day 1: Luang Say Cruise from Huay Xai to Pakbeng (L/D)
Day 2: Cruising Trip from Pak Beng to Pak Ou Cave & Luang Prabang (B/L)
Day 3: Luang Prabang Sightseeing Tour to Khuang Si Waterfall (B)
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Flight to Vientiane – Vientiane City Tour (B)
Day 5: Vientiane – Departure (B)
DAY 1 – LUANG SAY CRUISE HOLIDAY FROM HOUEXAI TO VIENTIANE: LUANG SAY CRUISE FROM HUAY XAI TO PAK BENG (L/D)
The Luang Say Cruise boat leaves Houei Say pier at 09:00 hrs for a cruise down the Mekong to Pakbeng. En route one stop is made to observe rural life along the Mekong and visit minority ethnic groups; then, a buffet lunch on board. Arrive Pakbeng before sunset and check-in at LuangSay Lodge. You can then enjoy dinner on the terrace overlooking the Mekong River. Overnight in Pakbeng.
Luang Say Lodge – Pak Ou Caves
DAY 2 – LUANG SAY CRUISE HOLIDAY FROM HOUEXAI TO VIENTIANE: CRUISING TRIP FROM PAK BENG TO PAK OU CAVE AND LUANG PRABANG (B/L)
Full breakfast at lodge, (Optional: walk to Pakbeng market, where people from the surrounding minority villages exchange their goods). At 08:30 board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. A short stop to discover a Hmong village before having a buffet lunch on board. Continue to Pak-Ou village at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, and then visit Pak Ou Caves “Cave of a thousand Buddha’s”. On the way to Luang Prabang a brief stop is made to observe the traditional process of manufacturing local rice alcohol. Arrive at Luang Prabang before sunset.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
DAY 3 – LUANG SAY CRUISE HOLIDAY FROM HOUEXAI TO VIENTIANE: LUANG PRABANG SIGHTSEEING TOUR TO KHOUANG SI WATERFALL (B)
Your half day city tour begins with a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts. We then head to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We also have time to visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham and Wat Mai. In the afternoon we will visit local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, a Hmong village, Ban Ou a Laoloum village and Ban Thapene, a Khmu village. This then takes us to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the pools or walk along the forest trails. We then return to Luang Prabang by early evening.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Luang Prabang – Vientiane
DAY 4 – LUANG SAY CRUISE HOLIDAY FROM HOUEXAI TO VIENTIANE: LUANG PRABANG – FLIGHT TO VIENTIANE – VIENTIANE CITY TOUR (B)
You will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Vientiane. Upon arrival you will be checked into your hotel and following lunch Your half day city tour enables us to see the major temples of Vientiane including the oldest, Wat Sisaket, a temple of thousands of miniature Buddha statues, and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. We also visit Lao national icon, That Luang Stupa, and we stop to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
Overnight in Vientiane.
DAY 5 – LUANG SAY CRUISE HOLIDAY FROM HOUEXAI TO VIENTIANE: VIENTIANE RIVER CRUISE TOUR – DEPARTURE (B)
Depending on your flight, you may have time at leisure before you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departing flight.
End of service!
• Transportation in private
• Accommodation in twin shared room
• Domestic airticket as stated only
• Boat trip as stated in above sights
• English speaking guide
• Admission fee to indicated sights
• Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
• Gov’t tax and service charge
• Luggage handling and drinking water* EXCLUDING:
• Visa stamping fee on arrival
• Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
• Travel Insurance in all kinds
• Lunch or dinner unless where stated
• Single room (quoted separately)
• Other foreign language guide
• Peak tourist season or special event rates
• Child or adult in triple sharing room
• Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
* ADDITIONAL REMARKS:
• Itinerary is subject to change depending on the confirmed flights, road conditions, and room availability.
• Hotels listed in above might not be upto standard of your expectation, especially in the remote area where limitation of accommodation.
• Prices are subject to change in case of VAT or other tax increases and USD currency fluctuations