Pakse to the “Niagara of the East”, and the discovery of one of the wonders of the world, the treasures of Khmer architecture. The Vat Phou is a 34-meter long, air-conditioned converted rice bage consisting of twelve twin rooms, all of which are ensuite. There is a large shaded front upper deck, perfect for relaxing and gazing at the passing long scenic stretches and a restaurant onboard. Our cruise downriver takes us to Pakse to Southeast Asia’s largest waterfall Khong Pha Peng, also known as the “Niagara of the East”, and the mysterious pre-Angkorian 10th century temple of Wat Phou. Wat Phou is a wonderful archaeological site of Khmer civilization, predating the famous Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
* BRIEF ITINERARY:
Day 1: Wat Phou Cruise Leaving Pakse for Champassak (-/L/D)
Day 2: Cruising to Huei Thamo – Oum Moung Temple – Khong Island (B/L/D)
Day 3 : Veuthong – the “Niagara of the East” – Xieng Di – Pakse (B/L)
DAY 1 – SOUTHERN LAOS CRUISING HOLIDAY WITH WAT PHOU CRUISE: WAT PHOU CRUISE LEAVING PAKSE TO CHAMPASSAK (-/L/D)
You will depart Vientiane early for your 6.30am flight to Pakse, on arrival you will be met and transferred to the Vat Phou Cruise leaving Pakse for Champassak at 10:00am. Once on board, we head arriving at Champassak in time for a riverside lunch, followed by a guided tour of the mysterious pre-Angkorian 10th century temple of Wat Phou, the boat’s namesake. Wat Phou is a wonderful archeological site of Khmer civilization, predating the famous Angkor Wat in Cambodia. As dusk falls, we board the Vat Phou for a relaxing cruise down-river, enjoying the tropical sunset on the deck. Dinner is served on board, while the boat docks for the night alongside a remote Laotian village.
Overnight on Wat Phou Cruise.
Vat Phou Cruising Tour – Oum Moung Temple
DAY 2 – SOUTHERN LAOS CRUISING HOLIDAY WITH WAT PHOU CRUISE: HUEI THAMO – OUM MOUNG TEMHPE – KHONG ISLAND (B/L/D)
After a leisurely breakfast on board, we set sail for the village of Huei Thamo, only a few minutes walk away from the spectacular hidden Ancient forest temple of Oum Moung. We rejoin the boat for a leisurely cruise southbound and enjoy lunch on the deck, continuing south to the wild paradise of the “4,000 islands” region. In the afternoon we will arrive at Ban Dua Tae, a traditional Laotian Village where the traditional way of life has not changed in centuries. We observe traditional village life and learn about the daily activities within the village. This evening we enjoy a quiet dinner on board, under the stars, serenaded by the songs by the songs of the buffalo toads.
Overnight on board Vat Phou Cruise.
DAY 3 – SOUTHERN LAOS CRUISING HOLIDAY WITH WAT PHOU CRUISE: VEUTHONG – THE “NIAGARA OF THE EAST” – XIENG DI – PAKSE (B/L)
Today we will enjoy breakfast on the upper deck, while cruising to the small village of Ban Veuthong, where we will board a small longtail boat to Khong Island, the largest island in the 4,000 islands region. After visiting the island, we take a long tail boat back to the mainland for lunch amid the bygone splendid of another age; colorful French colonial houses and an old customs post, alongside a stone quay. We will transfer by minivan to the encaptivating, scenic splendor of the Khong Pha Peng waterfall, “the Niagara of the East“, close to the Cambodian border. We return to Pakse for “civilization”, which is a two-hour journey by road, arriving in the late afternoon. Once we arrive you will be transferred to yout hotel.
Overnight in Pakse.
End of service!
• Transportation in private
• Accommodation in twin shared room
• Boat trip as stated in above sights
• English speaking guide
• Admission fee to indicated sights
• Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
• Gov’t tax and service charge
• Luggage handling and drinking water
• Visa stamping fee on arrival
• All air tickets to/from Laos
• Travel Insurance in all kinds
• Lunch or dinner unless where stated
• Single room (quoted separately)
• Other foreign language guide
• Peak tourist season or special event rates
• Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
Laos cruising tour journey with Wat Phou Cruise
* ADDITIONAL REMARKS:
• Itinerary is subject to change depending on the confirmed flights, road conditions, and room availability.
• Hotels listed in above might not be upto standard of your expectation, especially in the remote area where limitation of accommodation.
• Prices are subject to change in case of VAT or other tax increases and USD currency fluctuations
* NOTE: High season: From 01 November to 30 Apr. Departures every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday on a cruise down or cruise up Low season: From 01 May to 30 September. Departures every Tuesday for Cruise up & Saturday for Cruise Down.
For safety reasons and according to navigation conditions, the program may be amended without previous notice.